POSITION: Substitute Paraprofessional
MAIN LOCATION: Mount Lebanon School District, As Assigned
SUPERVISOR: Paraprofessional Supervisor & Site Supervisor
- Follows all laws, regulations, rules and procedures, and complies with the instructions and/or directives from his/her supervisor(s).
- To assist students(s) to whom assigned in any physical tasks directed by supervisor.
- Provide academic reinforcement to students.
- Support the teacher on methods, materials and strategies for reinforcements on target children. The teacher will plan all lessons and be responsible for instruction.
- Aid teacher, when requested, in communication between home and school.
- Participate in on-going staff development.
- Communicate regularly with teachers as to student’s needs and progress.
- Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of the facilitator and classroom teachers.
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Plans for the students and monitor their progress.
- Support students with emotional or behavior concerns and assist them in developing appropriate social skills.
- Works primarily independently in applicable/assigned settings.
- Assists students in individualized and small group instruction, under the direction of the assigned teacher(s).
- Performs bus, lunchroom and playground responsibilities as assigned by the teacher(s).
- Treat all information about the school, teachers, children and their families as strictly confidential.
- Maintains professionalism regarding school affairs.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess excellent skills in dealing with both students and staff members.
- Must consistently utilize excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Must pay attention to detail and consistently demonstrate sound problem solving skills.
- Is self-motivated and displays initiative.
- Must consistently display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Is comfortable and proficient using computer-based programs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to move about the work area to access materials, file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to travel to and from job-related locations as necessary.
- Must be able to withstand changes in environmental conditions inside and outside of the work facility, and to adapt to these changes.
- Must be able to attend evening meetings and events as necessary.
- Must be able to access all work areas and locations.
- Must be able to lift as required.
Location/Region: Homestead, PA