Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical and management services to support the U.S. government in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry. With approximately 6,250 employees, BWXT has eleven (11) major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. In addition, BWXT joint ventures provide management and operations at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Project Manager - BWSR (BWX Technologies, Inc.) - West Mifflin, PA BWSR is the Decontamination, Decommissioning, and Demolition (D&D) sub-contractor of facilities at the Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory and performs the remediation of legacy nuclear and environmental materials on site. The main project areas at the site include remediation of historical research facilities, demolition of buildings, and characterization of site-infrastructure to support on-going maintenance.
The Project Manager is part of a Project Management Office (PMO) implementing complex, multi-year projects through identification and completion of critical path and parallel work activities to achieve optimum performance. The Project Manager is assigned oversight responsibility of individual projects over their life cycle (scoping, initiation, execution and closeout), including developing the baseline and monitoring project performance using an earned value management system. Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of the Earned Value Management System, as well as risk management and planning
- Development of corrective action plans for troubled projects
- Overall coordination of initial work planning/scoping working with operations and engineering to develop a resource-loaded schedule and cost estimate.
- Primary interface with operations and project planners/schedulers
- Assist in planning and resolving interface issues with the customer and production groups.
- Interface with customer technical representatives to ensure Preparation of Monthly Financial Reports including Monthly Progress Reports
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Bachelor of Science degree in relevant discipline (Engineering, Science or Business).
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the field demonstrating increased levels of responsibility with a minimum of 5 years management/supervisory experience on large, complex, capital/equipment projects involving radioactive and/or hazardous waste generation and disposal.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification desired. (Must qualify as a PMP within 6 months of hire).
- Candidate must be able to qualify as a Contamination Worker upon hire.
- Prior US Navy Nuclear experience is a plus.
BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and/or local law.
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf Nearest Major Market:
Location/Region: West Mifflin, PA